HIGH PERFORMANCE ALKALI-FREE SHOTCRETE ACCELERATOR
Shotcrete has been widely used in tunnel, underground, and marine works for providing early support and preventing water seepage. Key performance indicators of the shotcrete are setting time and strength, which are decided by not only mixture design but also the use of the accelerator. The accelerator alters the hydration mechanisms of the cementitious material, influencing its strength development and setting time.
However, most existing accelerators are types of alkaline powdery accelerator which will lead to caustic harm and dust pollution and dramatically cut down the long-time strength and the inhomogeneity of concrete. In order to solve such problems, FAIRMATE has developed SETCRETE AF, alkali-free liquid accelerators with advantages of high efficiency, high strength, and environmental friendliness have gained more and more attention.
SETCRETE AF has many advantages are as follows :
• The quick setting property allows rapid work progress and the ability to construct thick sprayed concrete linings via layered application during one construction sequence.
• The unique product formulation provides fast setting, continuous early-age strength development high durability and good long term strength.
• Very low dust generation during application and therefore a good working environment.
• Possibility of low rebound applications when using the correct nozzle angle and distance.
• Non-aggressive properties provide improved working safety, reduced environmental impact and lower handling costs.
SETCRETE AF is added undiluted at the nozzle. Normal dosage is 5-10% of the weight of the cement.In cold regions concrete can freeze before it gains strength which breaks up the matrix so for this reasons SETCRETE AF is recommended to accelerate the hydration reactions in concrete which allows it to gain early strength.